- Planning now in light of Van Hollen’s STEP proposal, the Sanders’ proposal, various income tax proposals, and President Biden’s comments.
- Inter-relationship of income tax changes, Sanders and Van Hollen is key.
- Republicans have come back with a reply to the infrastructure bill suggesting instead of raising taxes having user fees.
- We will discuss each of these, the constitutionality, and end with a discussion of practical planning implications.
- President Biden is to address a joint session of Congress shortly and we may get a better window into what might happen.