In this presentation, speakers Thomas A. Tietz, Esq., Jonathan G. Blattmachr, Esq. and Martin M. Shenkman, Esq. explore the following questions:
– How can practitioners (CPAs, wealth advisers, attorneys, insurance consultants) assist clients in the operation and administration of irrevocable trusts?
– What preliminary steps might be helpful to take to guide clients on proper trust administration steps?
– How can advisers help facilitate more accurate and efficient trust administration?
– Specific practical steps practitioners can use will be illustrated and explained.
– What should be done to improve the administration of grantor versus non-grantor trusts?
– How should swap and loan powers be administered?
– How should disclaimer and valuation adjustment mechanisms used in many irrevocable trusts be dealt with?
– What special considerations of 2021 planning should be reflected on 2021 gift tax returns?
– What ancillary documentation should be addressed to support various planning techniques?