This webinar examines the proposed $3.5 trillion spending plan proposed by The House Democrats, and the tax implications. To support that package, the Democrats have proposed tax increases to fund a large portion of that plan.
This presentation explores:
- The House proposal, what might happen, but most important, what advisers should discuss with clients now.
- Should GRATs and note sales be completed now?
- Might the changes make future payments in kind from GRATs in payment of annuities and payment of any note that a trust owes to its grantor with appreciated assets income taxable for pre-enactment transactions?
- Should old GRATs be immunized now?
- Can mechanisms to unwind transactions be unwound since there does not appear to be retroactive changes?
- What will become of insurance trusts (ILITs) and what should practitioners recommend now?
- And much more…