○ Most gifts to charities are in the form of cash or marketable securities.
○ Gifts of illiquid assets are a creative way to make large contributions with amazing benefits for the charity and donor.
○ Gifting illiquid assets can be an effective way to fulfill a charitable goal.
○ May allow the donor to use an asset that perhaps was once illiquid, was a non-producing asset or perhaps is expensive to maintain.
○ They are considered a complex asset and will take careful planning to execute.
○Some examples of illiquid assets:
■ Real Estate
■ Artwork or other Collectibles
■ Private Company Stock
■ Private Entities (LLC, LP)
■ Life Insurance